Best Buy Coupons
Best Buy Coupons

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Tori - my wild child

I thought I'd introduce you all to Tori. Some of you have had the privilege of meeting her and many of you have seen her picture(s) but I thought I'd introduce the rest of you to her. :)

Tori came to me as a foster dog back in Sept '04. She is an RRUS dog. She was found wandering the streets in Houston, TX and was picked up by an animal shelter here. She was 1 1/2 - 2 years old at the time. Erica pulled her from the shelter and asked me if I would foster her for a few days until she could take Tori up to the Specialty. I agreed and Tori came to my house. Well, she did go to the Specialty that year but she came straight back to my house. I told Erica the day she picked Tori up for the Specialty that I wanted to adopt her. And Erica will tell you that Tori, after spending 2 or so weeks with Erica, completely ignored her when she saw me. She is my girl, through and through. And I am hers. I couldn't give her up even when she does things like this:


(She decided that since I hadn't put the sheets back on the bed that it was fair game to shred it...sigh...That was a memory foam mattress topper...)

But then she does things like this:


And gives me this look:


How can you resist that?

She is definitely my wild child. And I love her for it. Now if I only I can get her to rein it in a little bit. My hopes for Tori are to do obedience with her and to help her earn her CGC and to become certified as a Therapy Dog. She is not my first dog. She is not top dog in the house (Jack's has that honor). But she is my girl. And I love her dearly.

2 Comments:

At 11/18/2006 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Susan,
Finally figured out how to post comments! Love the stories about Tori. She is such a beauty. And I can't tell you how hard my husband and I laughed at the picture of her on your destroyed mattress topper (sorry to enjoy your misery...)!
Thank you so much for starting this blog, because I think it will be a nice component to RRUS for keeping in touch with our adopters and for adopters to update us on their new family members.
Ellen

 
At 11/23/2006 4:24 PM, Blogger sibtigre2 said...

Oh, I laughed too, actually. I couldn't help it. I didn't catch her until after she had done it so I couldn't really yell at her. Also, I did know that she had a tendency to shred things so I should never have left it uncovered...so, really, it's my fault it got shredded. But she's still lucky I love her so much...:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home