Best Buy Coupons
Best Buy Coupons

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Chloe's beach trip

Way back in May we spent our first full week ever in a beach house on St George Island FL. Its a deatination renowned for being dog friendly, with "lax leach laws" (verbal commands). I was just a little apprehensive about how well that verbal command stuff would actually work, and how relaxed a rescued Ridgeback can be in the wide open free-space of a beach setting. I cant say how many times while packing and loading up the car Greg and I both wondered aloud "are we crazy / are we doing the right thing???" secretly I worried what might happen: what if Chloe ran away from us? It turns out May is a great time to go-- very few people. Although it's all a distant memory now , for weeks following the trip I relished the fun and the freedom we shared with "the girl". Within two days Chloe was comfortable with the whole deal--and as the pictures show her highlights included feeding the seagulls from the upper deck--we just had to make sure she didn't take flight.
The last shot was the car ride home--sweet memories.


3 Comments:

At 7/06/2007 6:00 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Oh please adopt me and take me on vacation!! I won't hurt the gulls, I promise. Thanks for the info- sounds like a wonderful place. Chloe looks so happy and worn out in that last picture.

I remember taking Bacari to the beach the summer after adopted him. I had him obedience class and he had to pass to get to go. I had a back up plan for him to stay w/ his foster mom if he was not ready to go. He passed the class and made it down there just fine. I can remember thinking- Am I crazy for bringing this flight risk dog all the way to FL? I think the dogs can handle a lot more than we give them credit for but one can never be too careful either.

Thanks for sharing,
Amanda

 
At 7/06/2007 6:14 PM, Blogger evelynintenn said...

Ahh, that last picture says everything "happy. contented. life is good." Chloe is one lucky girl :-)

 
At 7/10/2007 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cub [aka Colby] sez "way to go!!" Great stuff, just great... d k and cubdog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home