Best Buy Coupons
Best Buy Coupons

Friday, September 07, 2007

Damage control

About 3 months ago I began leaving Hannah and Cheever out of their cages during the days with full access to the kitchen, mud room, library, and bathroom. For a number of weeks, they were just fine. Occasionally, they would pull a box from the recycling bin and I'd come home to shredded egg carton or the like in the mud room. Yesterday, they ate one of my books and today they ate the butter dish. not just the butter, but the dish, too. Some of the lid was left. On the plus side, I'll know for sure which of the dogs has become destructive, but what I don't know is how to curb this. Does anyone have any ideas?

-David

6 Comments:

At 9/07/2007 3:41 PM, Blogger sibtigre2 said...

No ideas from me...but if you figure it out, please let me know! I would love to leave Tori out while I'm gone but every time I do something destructive happens...

 
At 9/07/2007 5:55 PM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

Have you tried giving them raw bones (large ones)? They might find it a lot more interesting to chew on the bones than anything else. Raw bones keep my dogs busy for hours.
Good luck!

 
At 9/11/2007 4:53 AM, Blogger Patti A. said...

Hmmm. Solving this problem would be like solving world peace:) I've learned to hide everything within their reach. Trash baskets are hidden in cabinets, food items put away. The rule in our house is anything left out is fair game to the RR's. The things our first RR ate was a learning experience for us and we know that anything that gets eatten is our fault:)
Patti

 
At 9/11/2007 10:25 AM, Blogger David Hancock said...

Hey, thanks for the ideas. I do make sure they have toys every day and have in the past given them the cow femurs they sell in the stores. Those may be a good idea to go back to. Surprisingly, though, it's not my RR that is eating things off the counters and out of the recycling bin -- it's the greyhound.

 
At 9/12/2007 7:54 PM, Blogger Patti A. said...

Yeah, blame it on the greyhound. Silly, your RR probably made it look that way:)

 
At 9/13/2007 9:50 AM, Blogger David Hancock said...

Actually, I found out this morning it was my RR! she yaked up pieces of the butter tray she ate a week ago on her way to go out this morning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home