Best Buy Coupons
Best Buy Coupons

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Our New Home






We finally made the move to NC and are getting settled. I was concerned about how the fur kids were going to handle the whole thing including the 8 hour drive here. Annie the Cat rode with Mark in the moving van, sans drugs, in a crate. She talked to him the whole way. Morgna and Curtis were stuffed, literally, into the back of the Trail Blazer. We had a little mishap when Mr. Curtis decided to fly over the back seat to catch a fly. Curtis is obsessed with flies. He got stuck in all the boxes and such that were loaded in the back seat. There I was, going 78 mph, trying to prevent him from jumping in my lap, since that was the only available space that he could go. I couldn't call Mark to tell him to stop since one hand was on the wheel and the other was holding tightly to Curtis's collar. I pulled over only to discover that I couldn't budge him since he was stuck in all the boxes. All the people dricving by saw was my butt up in the air as I was trying to get him back where he was supposed to be. The whole time Curtis was intent on the fly totally ignoring my pleas to get back. Not wanting to risk getting him out on the side of the highway, I drove another 8 miles so I could pull over in a safe place. Other than that, the trip was uneventful. We arrived safely and the dogs took to their new home like they always lived here. The best news, for those of you who remember that Anmie the Cat went underground when dog #2 arrived, is that they have all bonded in their new digs. Annie was still so drugged and happy to be out of the van that she immediately was loving on both dogs. Curtis had this look on his face like, "What the heck is she doing rubbing on my legs?" It was priceless. Notice how stressed they look in the pictures:)

2 Comments:

At 9/05/2007 7:47 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Way to go Annie the Cat!!

Love the fly story. You had me rolling on the floor laughing.

Glad you made the trip safely. Welcome to the South and Bless your heart!

Amanda

 
At 9/07/2007 5:57 PM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

Welcome to NC! We moved down here two years ago and love it.
The fly story is hilarious! I could just picture it! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home