Best Buy Coupons
Best Buy Coupons

Friday, October 05, 2007

Jasmine from RRUS Adopted 9 / 21 / 07

I am posting on this blog about Jasmine a RRUS rescue Ridgeback I adopted 2 weeks ago. My name is Dave Skier and in my two weeks with Jasmine I am happy to let you know she has progressed greatly. In my initial meeting with Jasmine I was very sorry to see her intense fear of new people and her lack of willing interaction. I took Jasmine with me the first time I met her because I felt she would adjust better to me in a one on one setting, and boy Jasmine is prospering, doing extremely well and progressing at a much quicker rate then I first anticipated she would. When I first brought Jasmine home she did not know how to go down a flight of stairs nor did she understand the concept of releiving herself while on a leash taking a walk. I would say within a couple of days she had mastered these two issues and on to better things. Jasmine is still very scared of a new people especially those that approach her, although she does love all dogs she does approach people in her good time. She is making friends both Dog and Human, and I notice when I come in a room she does wag her tail, she does not walk away from me any longer she does not shy when I reach for her slowly although quick movements still spook her. I would like to extend a personal Thank You to all involved in the saving of this wonderful soul from whatever intolerable situation from which she was rescued. Jasmine is well worth the efforts you put fourth on her behalf, and I appreciate the fact that I as well as Jasmine will benefit from your diligence THANK YOU.
We will keep you posted from time to time and Thank you Again.
Dave & Jasmine

6 Comments:

At 10/06/2007 8:32 AM, Blogger nntukt said...

Have pockets full of treats when she wags her tail and approaches you. She is working on her trust factor because of her past life. In time you won't even know she is the same dog. Lucky for both of you that you found each other. Keep us posted!

 
At 10/06/2007 3:11 PM, Blogger sibtigre2 said...

Dave - Thank you for taking Jasmine into your heart and home. Go slow with her and use lots and lots of treats and praise. Her trust in you will grow. I am amazed at how far she has come in just a few weeks. Keep up the good work! And please keep us posted. We love to see the dogs flourish in their forever homes. : )

Susan

 
At 10/06/2007 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful update, Dave. It sounds as if you both were made for each other and you are doing great with her. Keep up the good work and send us pictures, pictures! We love pictures! LOL. All the best,

Melissa

 
At 10/06/2007 8:25 PM, Blogger Patti A. said...

It sounds like you have a real understanding of Jasmine's needs and in no time she will find her inner dog:) Way to go. Keep up the good work.
Patti

 
At 10/06/2007 8:27 PM, Blogger Patti A. said...

Duke looks wonderful in Analise's hands. What a great picture. Keep the updates coming.
Patti

 
At 10/08/2007 9:05 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Dave,

What a fabulous update. Sounds like Jasmine is where she always needed to be.

Glad to hear she is making friends- both 2 and 4 legged.

Please keep us updated. All rescue dogs come w/ baggage some just bring the whole matching set :))

Way to go Jasimine. Another perfect match made by RRUS.

Amanda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home