Best Buy Coupons
Best Buy Coupons

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

WHERE IS IT WRITTEN THAT..................


WHEN YOU ADOPT A RIDGEBACK, YOU GIVE UP HALF YOUR PILLOW? Honestly when I have to share my pillow with this big beautiful head I start wondering about the genetic pool of this breed. Did Foster Mom, Terri, tell me that TJ would go from being shy about getting on the bed (because one of her fur kids, Amber, wouldn't allow him on the bed) to taking over my pillow? No, of course not. The problem has an obvious solution - put another pillow on the bed - thank goodness, it is a king-size. I think King-size bed should be an adoption requirement.

Another interesting thing I've noticed about Ridgebacks is their intense loyalty. When I have to express myself in a negative manner to TJ, Taylor tries to get between TJ and me (not I am not hurting him, just telling him NO). Also she tries to tell me when TJ needs to go out. He was used to a doggie door and has had an accident or two. So when Taylor signals me - she is soooooooooo obvious - I am finding it is TJ who needs to go and she just watches and comes back in.

Crates: At first I thought crates were a sign of lack of training or something and that the pups would hate them. After about two months, they now often go into their crates for their self-imposed 'time out'. So wonderful! We are visiting friends and staying with them in a week or so and thank goodness for crates.

TJ is a true scent hound and Taylor a bit less so. So now we have a big problem. Our backyard backs to a wash and lately we've had coyotes, javelinas (ugly beasts) and bobcats. Taylor was terrified to go out and bolted for the door one night and TJ has his nose high in the air and puts his front paws up on our wall. So we are moving (not the only reason) to where we can get a doggie door and quit having to be so careful. Both dogs were snake aversion trained (yes, rattlers) and neither will go in the side yard where the training was done.

This is our New Year's Day update on our wonderful rescue, TJ. With best wishes to RRUS rescuers and fellow adoptees for a great new year and wonderful placements of these beautiful, worthy dogs.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 1/02/2008 10:04 AM, Blogger David Hancock said...

Hannah does the same thing only that half way through the night she flips around.

 
At 1/02/2008 1:46 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

and then you get the rear end? TJ and Taylor go in and out of the covers about twice a night and we are learning to semi-sleep through it.

 
At 1/16/2008 6:37 AM, Blogger Patti A. said...

Once they take up too much room in the king size bed you better get yourself some really comfy dog beds...for you:)

 
At 1/18/2008 5:47 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

Not funny! as could be true!!!
We are buying a new house for them - just for a grass yard. No one warned us of how these RRs somehow get us to to do whatever they want. Honestly, how can anyone mistreat these guys?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home