Best Buy Coupons
Best Buy Coupons

Thursday, December 24, 2009

R.I.P Sweet Curtis


R.I. P. Sweet Boy. Curtis came into our lives 3 years ago through Ridgeback Rescue of the US when we picked him up from Evelyn, his foster Mom in TN. We never felt that we rescued him, rather, he brought us joy and love. He was the steady calm in our house. A gentle soul who was always happy. From the first instant it was ...as if he had always been with us and as if he and Morgan were long lost friends. He spent the ride home from TN with his head resting on Morgan and that bond never failed in the 4 years they were together. Curtis never met a stranger. He loved everyone young and old and he graced our lives with happiness. His tail was always wagging. He would wag his tail to lay down, happy to have a soft place to lay. When he was really happy, he would purr. As a foster brother, he was the secure presence. He taught the young ones respect with a firm but kind manner. He showed the scared mill dogs tenderness. He coaxed the timid ones to play with his silliness. He protected them all if there was a threat. Curtis was a once in a lifetime dog who didn't ask for much but gave so much to all of us. He was taken too soon but we will always be grateful for the time he was allowed grace our lives. Run free sweet boy. Until we meet again

4 Comments:

At 12/25/2009 11:35 AM, Blogger Bevalee said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I loved the stories and pictures you posted about him and Morgan.I imagined him to be a beautiful soul.

 
At 12/26/2009 8:28 AM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. At least you will know that he had some wonderful and happy years with you.

 
At 12/31/2009 1:27 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

I would write something but can't see for my tears. Makes me want to adopt another. Your appreciation of Curtis is well just beautiful.

 
At 1/06/2010 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although I never met Curtis in person, I felt like I knew him through your beautiful stories and pictures. I absolutely loved hearing about his escapades and seeing all those belly/business shots. His loss is felt by all and we are so sorry. Run free, sweet boy! And thank you for all the souls you helped along the way.

Melissa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home