Best Buy Coupons
Best Buy Coupons

Friday, March 07, 2008

I came across this poem in one of the Ridgeback forums:

The family's dog was bought for a guard,

Chained to a post in a chilly backyard,
Housed in a shed that was airless and dark,
And every few weeks had a run in the park.
When boredom set in with no fun and no work,
One day it broke loose and went quietly berserk.
Pa couldn't fathom just why it went wild,
As it flattened his wife and then bit his child.
The police were called in to sort out the mess,
And the whole sorry tale was revealed by the press,
The Rescue Society was really annoyed,
So, the dog was re homed--and the owners destroyed.
Author unknown

2 Comments:

At 3/07/2008 6:22 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

I received this same poem in an email from a friend today- guess you two are on the same forum.

I really wish families would consider the commitment to a dog BEFORE they get the dog.

I am so glad that both my dogs made it into RRUS where they got a second chance to have the life they should all have.

I am typing this surrounded by both my boys- both are snuggled on the couch next to me- just the way it should be.

Amanda

 
At 3/09/2008 4:07 PM, Blogger sibtigre2 said...

I love this poem. Thanks for posting it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home