Best Buy Coupons
Best Buy Coupons

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Exercise, Exersice & More Exercise

It has been awhile since we blogged, but believe me we have not forgotten about it. We check it all the time, but we get so caught up in other blogs we forget to add our own.

It has been a little over a year since we adopted Kyah. When we adopted her she weighed in around 35 lbs. I just took her to the vet last week for her yearly exam and she now weighed in at 90 lbs.

We have had our ups and downs, just like everyone I am sure, but we would not change it for anything. Kyah has "A Lot" more energy than we were used to with our older dog Samson, who just turned 10. So one of the best things I ever did was to teach Kyah to walk on the treadmill. When we first got her we went for walks/runs all the time, but then the weather started to turn bad and I had to find another way to release her energy. I saw an episode of Cesar showing an owner how to get their dog to use the treadmill and told Amy that is the answer. Thankfully we just inherited a second treadmill a few months earlier. After a day or so of training Kyah was walking on the treadmill like a champ. So "almost" everyday Kyah and I get a 30 minute walk in the morning and around 45 minutes in the afternoon.

I am limited to the pictures I have as I am on my work computer, but promise to add more over the next several days. We have tons of pictures, but like most people they are still on the camera.





1 Comments:

At 9/02/2008 9:25 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Genius! A dog that exercises herself.

Kyah sure is pretty and that Samson looks fantastic. He is such a good big brother.

Thanks for the update!
WHOO HOOO- he said that there are many more pictures- can't wait to see them.
Amanda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home