Best Buy Coupons
Best Buy Coupons

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Truman's new home


I've never blogged before so we will see how this goes. I adopted Truman on Monday March 2. He is very shy but he is warming up to his new home very quickly. I work on my family's farm and he made a new friend right away with one of the hired hands' dogs. They are becoming quite the pair. Now I am going to get Truman and myself signed up for obedience classes as soon as possible, not that he really needs them, but it will benefit for both of us. Until then we work on walking on the leash everyday and I'm trying to teach him to sit, but he just tilts my hand and looks at me like I'm crazy. I think having the classes help teach me how to teach him will be a big help. The one thing I know is good for both of us is spending a lot of time together and we are definitely doing that. I'm still amazed by the progress we have made in less than a week, when I first picked him up he cowered around me and now he comes to great me when I leave and come back. He also loves sleeping on his big pillow next to me when I watch tv at night, earlier this week he just wanted to be in his crate if he wasn't outside. I am sure that we will be making even more progress as the weeks go by, and the thought of him not wanting to sit will just be a funny memory. Here is a picture of Truman and myself, it was taking at my Aunt and Uncle's house, it was taken on Wednesday, and don't ask me why they still have Christmas lights up. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and if you didn't read it don't worry about it enjoy the picture. Oh yeah did I mention the Christmas lights are not mine they are my aunt and uncles.

9 Comments:

At 3/07/2009 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious...about the Christmas lites! He'll come around..sounds like you guys are already making progress. We're getting out 2nd one tomorrow...a girl this time....and I'm very excited. Just hope Gus (our 1 year old RidgebackO doesn't freak her out since he gets soooo exctired to play. Good luck! And...I thought you did a great job...I still have no idea what I'm doing either;)

 
At 3/08/2009 6:36 AM, Blogger Patti A. said...

Merry Christmas...belated:) Congratulation on your new son. It sounds like the two of you will be quite a pair. You'll be amazed at how quickly Truman will come out of his shell. Before long he'll get the sit thing and be on your lap.

 
At 3/08/2009 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Love the lights! And Truman is a handsome, lucky fellow. When we heard about his adoption, many of us were a bit jealous that he gets to go to the farm each day, eat things he won't have to tell anyone about and go for runs at night. All of this with those awesome lights in the background. Very cool. Congratulations on your adoption and don't worry: Truman will be your best bud in no time. He is gorgeous!

Melissa in Michigan

 
At 3/08/2009 9:07 AM, Blogger Mary Ann said...

By the sound of it, I agree with Patti, it won't be long before you and Truman will be inseparable (in a good way). Enjoy him! Adopting an RR was the best experience for me and every day brings us joy. I'm sure it will be for you too!

 
At 3/08/2009 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely blog, you both look so comfortable in the picture. Truman will become your soulmate. Its great that you have rescued this RR and that you can hopefully make a real difference to his life. RRs are great at judging people and it wont be long Im sure before its like youve never been apart.

 
At 3/09/2009 10:02 AM, Blogger veldt said...

Good luck with Truman, he is a looker & I am sure he will do well for you. He is a lucky Ridgeback to have found a friend like you. Kimma

 
At 3/09/2009 2:19 PM, Blogger Gracie's Mom said...

Congrats Brian and Truman! I am sure you will have many happy years with each other. There is no greater love than that of a rescued one. Whether you rescued him or he rescued you. Welcome to the RR family.

 
At 3/09/2009 8:22 PM, Blogger Shellie M said...

he is lucky to have you!

 
At 3/11/2009 2:52 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

You are both gorgeous. Welcome to the Ridgeback family. They are the most devoted and loyal - what do we call them - friends, family, furkids ever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home