Best Buy Coupons
Best Buy Coupons

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Zuri's new home

Am I cute or what?
Zuri and Tessa playing in our backyard in typical Ridgie fashion
Three Ridgies waiting for treats on our trail walks.
I know it sounds silly but I fell in love with her before I even met her. There was something about her eyes in the picture that just captivated me right away.

We've had Zuri now for almost three weeks and she just fit in so quickly that I believe it was just meant to be. Our two-year-old Ridgeback, Tessa, whom we've had since she was a puppy, accepted her right away but kind of ignored her for the first couple of days. Now they play and stick together all day long.

Zuri seems to be having a wonderful time. I've taken her to Tessa's favorite pastime which is walking the trails in the woods off-leash with a friend of mine who also has a Ridgie and Zuri is fantastic. She doesn't stray too far away from me, comes immediately when called and if she's walking ahead of me on the trail, stops every once in a while to look back and check to see where I am. Needless to say, the three Ridgies have a blast!

I'd like to thank RRUS for everything they do and for allowing for this to have happened in our lives. I'd also like to thank Zuri's foster mom for having done such a good job with her.

The only thing we need to work on a little, and I think time will help, is her barking when she gets startled by someone walking into the room or at family members that she's not totally comfortable with yet. Obviously she has reason to be suspiscious of people but hopefully with time, she will come to realize that nothing bad is going to happen to her anymore. Other than that, I believe she is a very happy dog and we couldn't be happier with her.

4 Comments:

At 4/26/2007 5:48 PM, Blogger Patti A. said...

Welcome and congratulations on adopting Zuri. She is a beauty and it sounds like she found her forever home. We're so happy for all of you. For some reason liver noses tend to be more protective. My liver, Morgan, barks like crazy whenever anyone comes in the house. She's sweet as can be and very sensitive, but protective. We've just spent time toning down her protectivness a bit:) With time Zuri will get used to all the new people and new sounds. Keep the pictures and updates coming.
Patti

 
At 4/26/2007 7:19 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Yeah for Zuri. She does look so happy. Yes, those eyes are wonderful. Can't wait to hear more about Zuri and Tessa's adventures, w/ Zuri gaining more confidence w/ each one.

I have to agree w/ Patti- Livernoses have their own way. Evelyn has told me that livernose females are a breed apart (having met her Birdie, I can say she fits the bill as well)- which is why I opted for a livernose male!!

Amanda

 
At 4/27/2007 10:38 AM, Blogger LvrNoseRdgie said...

She is a beautiful girl, congrats and, of course, liver nose girls rule.

 
At 5/01/2007 4:58 PM, Blogger sibtigre2 said...

Congrats to you and to Zuri! I am so glad that the two of you found each other. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home