Best Buy Coupons
Best Buy Coupons

Friday, March 23, 2007

My own little pack for the week





My brother and his wife recently went away for a week and I inherited (temporarily, of course) two greyhounds. We finally had our own little pack, three big dogs and not a lot of floor left in the bedroom, lol. Lucy, always the antagonizer of the group, had a ball. Oreo (the black one) and Lucy are the younger two and don't need much convincing to play. Jango (the white one) who is a few years older and maybe wiser (?) often needs some convincing to give chase. He also does not like the camera, indoor shots are impossible, all you get is a white blur. All three woke up bright and early every morning with more energy than I could ever imagine. Toys started squeaking and the running began before the sun even came up. Luckily the boys settled in fairly quickly, the first night was the hardest. After that they alternated between running and napping. Lucy does, however, does find the greyhounds to be a little lazy. She's still raring to go and the boys have tongues hanging out and are panting away. They lay down to nap and she insists are staring them down and bowing to them. She is such a troublemaker. After a crazy week I know one thing for sure, I am a single dog kinda gal. My husband and I have toyed with the idea of getting another ridgie but after that week I'm happy with one. I give major credit to those multi-dog families, it's amazing how you keep it together, lol. Lucy may not agree, she was a little sad the day after the boys left but until she can speak and ask for a brother or sister, she's outa luck. :-)

3 Comments:

At 3/23/2007 12:58 PM, Blogger evelynintenn said...

Oh, Kate! Don't not get another ridgie because of 2 greyhounds! Come back to Tennessee and I'll hook you up with a great pal for Lucy!

 
At 3/23/2007 9:50 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

I think Lucy is telling you that she wants a lil' brother or sister- just in body language over words. She looks like she is having the time of her life w/ those other dogs!!

Great pics, thanks for sharing.
Amanda

 
At 3/23/2007 11:19 PM, Blogger Patti A. said...

How fun for Lucy. There is nothing like watching the fur babies play with their own. Two is so much easier in a lot of respects and so much fun to watch them interact with each other. I never thought we'd have more than one but am so glad we do. Morgan and Curtis are like a little old married couple. Besides none of us humans would stick our whole mouth inside theirs to clean their teeth. Yes, my guys do this and it's lile watching a dog go to the dentist.
Patti

 

Post a Comment

<< Home