Best Buy Coupons
Best Buy Coupons

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Lucy the sun goddess


My husband and I recently got back from a 2 week vacation where Lucy stayed with Grandma and Grandpa. The last time we went away Lucy had to be boarded and she was not happy with that experience, she ran out of the place like a bat out of hell. Now that my parents fenced in their yard (just for Lucy, aren't they good grandparents, lol) she was able to stay with them. She has perfected the art of wrapping her Grandma around her little paw. Lucy takes possession of their couch and they don't try to move her. On her recent trip she discovered the bench by the window in her pursuit of the sun and I had to share the picture. This is why I call her my sun goddess, she will do anything to bask in the sunlight. She even travels with the sun across the living room floor. Does everyone else's ridgies do the same thing or is it just a dog thing? I can't get enough of her, the expressions are the best, one of the reasons we went with a Ridgeback. She must have figured she was never told not to go there so why not. Grandma and Grandpa's house get lots of good sunlight so she loves it there, she barely gave me a second glance when I first left her there. Of course, when my husband and I arrived to pick her up she was very excited to see us, hopping and running and grabbing toys. We were just as happy after a long trip to see her too.

4 Comments:

At 12/05/2006 8:29 AM, Blogger Patti A. said...

How wonderful you were able to get away and Lucy was able to be spoiled by her Grandparents. All of my Ridgebacks are the same with the sun. Morgan and Curtis will curl up on top of each other to share the same spot (see picture in previous post). They also move with the sun. On warm days, the deck is the cherished place to be for the RR's here. Who can blame them? I would love to be curled up with a pillow and a blanket in a sun spot right now being that it's 20 outside:)

 
At 12/05/2006 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many years ago, my Ridgeless Molly and I lived on the top of a duplex. My best friend, Kerri, and Molly's best friend, Matilda, lived downstairs.

One day Kerri got a new couch and put the old, worn in, cushy, sink-into-it one outside in the yard temporarily. When we went to move it, both Molly and Matilda were on it, basking in the sun, smiling.

The couch stayed in the front yard for years. Molly never met a couch she didn't like.

 
At 12/05/2006 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fabulous picture! How lucky Lucy is to have such doting grandparents. Our RRs also follow the sunshine around the house. They seem to know where to seek the best spots at different times of day.

Ellen

 
At 12/05/2006 5:40 PM, Blogger Mich Melis said...

Lovely picture! And yes, both my RRs follow the sun. Cooper drops wherever he feels it and then looks around when he realizes he is too low to catch it! My older dog, Sabu, looks at him - walks by VERY dignified and lays down um, in the sun. Each time it happens Cooper looks at me like, "Hey! Can he do that?" It's hilarious!

Melissa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home