Best Buy Coupons
Best Buy Coupons

Thursday, November 30, 2006

It was FATE


We lost Rex, our 7 year old Ridgeback to cancer. The disease spread very fast and in spite of several months of treatment the doctors were not able to put the cancer into remission. We were devastated when he passed. He was a wonderful dog.I love the breed but I could not bear the thought of having another Ridgeback. I thought that the new face would always remind me of Rex- in a sad way. So I went to a dog show to check out breeders. One dog that I had in mind was an Australian Shepard. After researching I decided that I could not live with the long hair and shedding. I thought our lifestyle was better suited for a short hair dog.I decided to adopt a dog rather then go for another purebred. At the bred show I was given the link the RRUS site. I went there and chatted with one of the representatives and found out that there was one puppy left for adoption. When I saw his face I knew he was my dog.His mom was a Ridgeback, dad an Australian Shepard and he had a single coat - short hair. His name - Kismet. It was fate.We have had him for 2 years now and he is a wonderful dog. Smart, Kind, Loving. We couldnt ask for a better dog. I would adopt again and again. We are so very lucky to have him.He is about 80pounds, white with a brown and black mask. No ridge. But when he gets excited the hair along his spine sticks straight up in the air.THANK YOU RRUS for saving the Mother and her litter of pups. We have a fabulous dog.

4 Comments:

At 11/30/2006 4:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey cb! Thanks for sharing. I'd love to see more photos of your boy & hear about his traits - ridgie versus otherwise. Please, share more!

 
At 11/30/2006 5:23 AM, Blogger sibtigre2 said...

I remember hearing about those puppies! Thank you for sharing Kismet with us. He is definitely a handsome boy!

 
At 12/01/2006 2:34 PM, Blogger Patti A. said...

What a handsome guy!

 
At 12/01/2006 8:36 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Gosh that face is priceless. Oh how I wanted to smooch him as soon as I saw the pic. What a great breed combo in a dog- I have a friend who loves Aussies and of course I am a Ridgeback gal. I'll have to show her the pic so she can see what happens when our breeds of choice are crossed. (I am in no way advocating breeding here, I leave that to the responsible breeders out there)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home