Best Buy Coupons
Best Buy Coupons

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Persistent Little Buggers, Aren't They

I had to share this with all of you because only dog lovers, Ridgebacks lovers in particular, will appreciate it.
We have 2 large crates with very cushy pads in the family room, and 2 Premier Fido Fleece beds (you know the really expensive ones) in our bedroom. Well, being the sucker Mom that I am, I decided that Morgan and Curtis needed something to lay on in the family room besides their crates. So I purchased some cheap ($24.00) beds from WalMart. You would have thought they had died and gone to heaven. So much so that when it was time for bed, Morgan, who never gave us problems before, kept pacing and whining in the bedroom.
The first night I thought she needed to go out, so I pulled on my coat over my jammies and off we went. Nope...that wasn't it. Back up in the room she huffed and puffed and we finally yelled, "Lay Down"! This went on for a few more nights and was beginning to really get on my nerves.
The light bulb went on...sometimes it takes us humans a bit too long. It's the beds I bet. So I brought the cheapo beds up in bedroom and put the expensive ones in the family room. Low and behold, Morgan gave me a huff and looked at me like, "What took you so long." We've been sleeping soundly ever since.

3 Comments:

At 12/14/2006 3:49 PM, Blogger sibtigre2 said...

LOL!!! That's a true ridgeback! She's not going to settle for anything less than what she thinks she deserves! :) She is disappointed, however, in how long it took her minions to figure it out....

:)

 
At 12/15/2006 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a hoot! Thanks for sharing a story we all can relate to - lost sleep, slow humans and oh so determined Ridgebacks!

Ellen

 
At 12/16/2006 9:52 AM, Blogger Mich Melis said...

GREAT story, Patti! They are so smart, aren't they? And now that I have two am finding they DO team up on us. Guess I'm just beginning to understand the 'pack' thang.... =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home