Best Buy Coupons
Best Buy Coupons

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Those amazing canines....

I was awoken this morning by Cooper pawing at the floor of his metal crate and barking (which he rarely does); and Sabu jumping on the bed, whining and running back and forth to the door (which he usually only does when he's sick). I had let both dogs out to do their business around 11:00 PM so when all this started at 2:30 AM, I tried to say "Cooper no!" and "Sabu, go lay DOWN!" - um, admittedly progressively louder. But they wouldn't quit. So finally I am wide awake and as I stomp out through the kitchen and to the back door/mudroom (entrance to the basement), I hear this crazy loud whooshing sound. I let Sabu out, turn around to turn the basement lights on and saw standing water. In a millisecond, I knew what the dogs had been trying to tell me but what my thick head would not accept. Turns out the water heater had broken and water was gushing into the (finished) basement. When I had done all I could for the emergency until help arrived, I browned some ground sirloin and rice, then sat down with my dogs and fed them by hand. Amazing creatures, canines - and to think they paired up to GET me up still astounds.

THANK you, COOP and SABU! And THANK you to Beth for having faith in our adoption of Cooper. ~Melissa

2 Comments:

At 12/27/2006 9:28 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

WOW- I am impressed. You have 2 smart boys! Thanks for sharing- hope the clean-up is as quick and easy as possible.
Amanda

 
At 12/30/2006 9:12 AM, Blogger RockRedRidgebacks said...

Melis,

What a great reward for Sabu and Cooper (hand fed hamburger and rice, yummm) after having alerted you to trouble! They are amazing indeed...

My Best

 

Post a Comment

<< Home