Best Buy Coupons
Best Buy Coupons

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Chilly Little Lucy



Here's Lucy and her beloved Kong. I'm convinced it's the best thing in the world. Lucy has a few stuffed toys but they don't tend to last long, somehow the stuffing comes flying out. Some last minutes others a rare few weeks. At least she's not the only one with a stuffing fetish according to the blog.

New York has finally gotten some chilly weather recently and Lucy is not happy about it. We even got a little snow yesterday morning and she walked out, turned around and came right back in and went back to bed, lol. Lucy is a true sun goddess, if there's none to be found she's curled up sleeping on the couch. She's even taken to laying on her comforter in her crate in the kitchen while we eat dinner since it's the warmest place in the kitchen (unless the oven is on of course and then she's camped on the rug in front of it). Lucy is also a leash puller when it's chilly out, presumably because she's trying to warm up by walking faster. At least she has a coat this year to keep her warm. I also try to jog with her but I can't keep up, lol.

We have a cute picture of her when we first got her and had a big snowfall. She's got her nose close to the snow and her two front paws in it like she's trying to figure out what the heck it is. Snowballs are fun, Lucy loves to chase and eat them. For such a cold doggy she loves the ice (like some of her fellow ridgies), whenever she hears someone get ice out of an automatic ice maker in the fridge she comes running and sits patiently waiting for her share.

Or course, Lucy has her not so good moments. Lately she's had a few spitting up accidents on the bedroom and living room carpet. I think it's because of the cow hoof she's been chewing on because that's the only thing that's new so they'll be no more of those. This morning was one such accident at 5AM and I've been wide awake ever since. All in all though I know I made the right choice to adopt my ridgie last year. A little while ago I found a poem online about the love of a ridgie, I think it's copyrighted but anyone who'd like a read a beautiful poem about a ridgeback should try to find it or I'll try to find it again and set up a link.

Love those ridgies forever :-)

3 Comments:

At 1/24/2007 5:57 AM, Blogger LvrNoseRdgie said...

I did find the poem. It's called "My Heart Belongs to a Rhodesian Ridgeback" and it is copywrited 2002 but does not list and authors name. You can find it on Ebay, it is a matted copy with a place for a photo of your own ridgie. It's a beautiful read for any ridgie owner.

 
At 1/24/2007 2:12 PM, Blogger evelynintenn said...

Miss Lucy looks just as fit and pretty as ever. She's such an athletic looking girl - and so sweet. I'm so glad she's now warm in her New York house rather than getting loose and lost in the south.

 
At 1/24/2007 5:03 PM, Blogger Patti A. said...

I love Kongs almost as much as I love my SpotBot! One keeps them busy and one cleans up after them:)
Patti

 

Post a Comment

<< Home