Best Buy Coupons
Best Buy Coupons

Monday, January 08, 2007

CR Finds a New Home

Just a quick hello to all the other rescue families. We just brought "CR" home. He is an absolutely precious dog and feels like he has been in our family since always. His name has been changed to Guss-Guss, after my daughter's favorite stuffed toy... I find it hard to call him Guss-Guss, so he is just Guss to me.

So Guss is doing well. We had an easy ride home with him, thanks to the sedative Guss's foster mom gave us. The first night he whined a little bit. The second night he slept like a log, until my daughter crossed the hall to get in bed with us. She had a nightmare and scared Guss when she made the dash for our room. He started barking at her... briefly. We are going to organize things a bit differently tonight until he undertands things a little bit better.

Other than that all seems to be going well. Thanks to everyone for such a great process and great dog!

5 Comments:

At 1/08/2007 3:29 PM, Blogger Patti A. said...

Congratulations on your new baby. We've all been watching Guss's progress and are so excited for you and him.

We adopted Curtis from RRUS 2 months ago. You can read about him on this blog. It's been a wonderful experience for us and we've met some great people through RRUS. Remember we are always here to help.

Patti

 
At 1/09/2007 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so so so happy to hear about Guss-Guss finding his forever home! I cannot wait to hear more stories as you, him and your family settle into new routines!

Susan

 
At 1/09/2007 6:17 PM, Blogger Babs in LA said...

I'm THRILLED to hear about Guss' (nee CR) new FOREVER HOME.

Patti was right when she said we've all been watching his progress. He was one very SNOT-FILLED pup! But thanks to his Foster Mom and RRUS, he's back from the brink and you've found that long lost family member. :)

I too adopted a Ridge this weekend from RR in Northern California. Jaxon is 4 years old and is completely trained and wonderful. I've never had a trained Ridge before. I can't tell you what a luxury this is. :)

Congratulations again on the family reunion and keep those stories coming!

 
At 1/12/2007 9:32 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

So glad to see CR is his new forever home- one that can appreciate his just being a Ridgeback (what's wrong w/ that one might ask? Nothing as far as this crowd is concerned)

Please keep us updated on Gus-Gus and send pics- we really go nutts over photos.

Babs- excited for you as well. Jaxon is a lucky dog too!

Amanda

 
At 1/13/2007 6:10 PM, Blogger Babs in LA said...

Hi Amanda -

Honestly, I'M the lucky one. Jaxon is HEAVEN. He's definitely better than I deserve. :)

We took our first off-leash hike and I was so nervous but his previous owner (we have an open adoption) swore to me he was great off-leash so we tried it and he was AMAZING!! He'd go a few feet ahead but then turn around and make sure he could see me. It was like that the entire hike.

And although it's just been a week since we brought him home, today was the first day that when he saw me he got excited and wagged his tail. Oh my God, what a feeling!!

But what's really endearing is when friends come over to meet him - he goes right up to them to give them kisses and get hugs. People he's never met!!

Evelyn said that the bond created between a new owner and an older rescue is very, very, very special and I'm just beginning to understand what she meant.

How's Bacari????? Tell me everything. Isn't it time for a new pix?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home