Best Buy Coupons
Best Buy Coupons

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Cutis Has His 5th Class

Mr. Curtis had his 5th class. We practiced recall, which Curtis does really well...just not really fast:) Curtis is a very mellow guy and he doesn't do too many things in fast motion, so when I walked to the other side of the room and called, "Curtis Come", he came... at Curtis speed. Here I am kneeling down and with my best Forest Gump impression saying, "Run Curtis Run." Curtis got a round of applause:) Then we practiced the settle command. The instructor told us to get our dogs all crazy in order to teach them the settle command. Um, Curtis crazy, Ok I'll try. So there I am jumping up and down, waving my arms, and in a high pitched voice trying to get Curtis to "go crazy". Well only one of was going crazy and it wasn't Curtis. He was sitting there looking at me like, "Settle down Mom." I gave myself a treat:)

5 Comments:

At 2/06/2007 5:49 PM, Blogger evelynintenn said...

You know, that reminds me: My ridgies all love to give chase to the ball outside. But, of course, they don't fetch and retrieve. So, I throw the ball, everyone runs and my boxer, Miss Callie, will retrieve for a while. But, after a while, she loses interest. But, the ridgies still want to give chase. So, I fetch the ball, toss it, they run after it, circle it, then look at me. So, then I fetch and retrieve and throw it for them again, and on and on until they get tired of it. They have me trained well, too. Pass the treat bag, Patti - I get one, too :-)

 
At 2/06/2007 9:29 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Very funny. I can tell ya that Bacari and Curtis are brothers. He too would never hurry the "come" command. We would get applause when he finally got back to me. We never did the "Settle" command but Bacari is such a lazy lug. He never gets excited about much.

 
At 2/07/2007 8:14 AM, Blogger LvrNoseRdgie said...

Lucy also like to chase a ball or anything you can throw. Sometimes she brings it back but also likes you to chase her, once in a while she even chases back. As far as the come command, that's still tricky with her, especially when she's outside having fun. Don't you love the way they train us, lol.

 
At 2/08/2007 10:30 AM, Blogger David Hancock said...

Both of my dogs, Hannah less than Cheever (the non-ridge), like to fetch the Wubba Retreivers I got for them. They're not cheap toys (about $13-15 each) but stand up to a lot of abuse, including 60 straight minutes of tug-o-war.

 
At 2/08/2007 3:38 PM, Blogger Patti A. said...

You all get a treat. Good boys and girls.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home