Best Buy Coupons
Best Buy Coupons

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

My adoption story



I like Amanda's idea. I'll go next.
When I lived in Virginia a few years ago, I was walking in a park by Great Falls and saw a man and a dog sitting on a rock. The dog was beautiful and had a very interesting "thing" down his back so I asked the man what breed he was.
Many years later when my new husband and I decided we wanted to get a dog, I remembered the word "ridgeback," Googled it, and started reading as much as I could about RRs. My husband had never seen or heard of one and wanted a Doberman but was open to the idea of a ridgie. We went to visit a breeder (who just happened to have puppies) and ended up buying Tessa who was considered "pet quality" (as opposed to "show quality) because she has an overbite. That was about two and a half years ago. Tessa turned out to be the most wonderful dog and my husband, a first-time dog owner, declared that from now on "nothing but ridgebacks!"
A little over six months ago, we decided that our house was so perfect for dogs that Tessa ought to have company. I'm not really sure how I came across RRUS. I think I was just on the internet looking at pictures of Ridgebacks, breeders and information and the link must have come up somewhere. Of course!!! We MUST get a rescue. When I saw the picture of Zuri, it was literally love at first sight. My husband was a little afraid that he would not love a second dog as much as he loved Tessa. Little did he know...
Six months ago we were accepted to be Zuri's new people. Zuri has captured our hearts like you wouldn't believe. She and Tessa have completely different personalities. Tessa is the "lady" and Zuri is the "tramp." They were both "rejected" -- albeit in different ways. But not by us.

3 Comments:

At 10/25/2007 5:11 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

AHHHH that is a great story- thanks for sharing.

What beautiful dogs- you always take the most beautiful pictures.

Amanda

 
At 11/01/2007 10:20 PM, Blogger Patti A. said...

What beauties. Thanks for sharing your story.

Patti

 
At 11/15/2007 6:03 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

We also had concerns about a second dog. Now we know they have their relationship and we have ours with each of them. Definitely a win-win.
Jackie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home