Best Buy Coupons
Best Buy Coupons

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Overseas

Hi, everyone,

I may (stress the may -- nothing is set in stone yet, only musings and ideas) have an opportunity to travel overseas for work for six weeks to six months. How do I take my dogs? Has anyone had experience with taking dogs overseas? I would prefer not to leave them stateside, even with family, for that long. Plus, I think they'd get a kick out of India or Dubai, and the locals there might find them fascinating, too.

David

2 Comments:

At 10/31/2008 8:41 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

First thing, look up your target countries' QUARANTINE rules. That turns us off every time. Wish we could take private plane and sneak over to somewhere fun. We shipped a small long-haired Dachshund from Munich to New Jersey when in the service. She did ok, was medicated. Shipped a boxer from Munich to a friend in Maryland - was a tragedy - he escaped and looked for me for months (only thing he'd come for were socks with my smell and he ran with a pack and was never caught). Too stressful. Our Ridgebacks would INSIST ON FIRST CLASS ONLY AND WE CAN'T AFFORD IT.
Hope this helps.

 
At 11/01/2008 7:16 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Please contact Laura- her email is listed on the RRUS Contact Us page of the website. She has lived all over the world w/ her dogs and knows a lot about the rules and regulations. She's the one I would ask if I was in your shoes.

Amanda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home