Best Buy Coupons
Best Buy Coupons

Saturday, February 24, 2007

The Newest Addition


I wanted to let everyone know that last weekend I adopted my 2nd Ridgeback from RRUS. As always, the experience was perfect. Last Saturday, I woke up bright and early and traveled w/ my other 2 dogs for a meet-n-greet. The four hour drive was complicated by some icy roads. But we finally made it there. Being that my dogs were not used to snow, they weren't quite sure where to walk. Nina was walking into deeper and deeper snow- looking at me as if I had done this to her.

We spent a few hours meeting the new dog and also the resident hounds of the home (beautiful dogs!). I was worried Nina Beans would have issues w/ another large brother- but she did fine. Maybe that is b/c we had pizza for lunch- HER FAVE!! She was so preoccupied w/ begging for food- she missed the fact that I intended on taking the leggy fellow home. Actually Bacari did rather well- he immediately greeted the other RRs, tail waggin'. He also wanted to have some pizza but was kinda nervous about begging in unfamiliar territory. But then the food hound in him took over and he was wrinkling that forehead like a champ!!

Once lunch was over- we spent some more time loving on the dogs. But I needed to get before the sun went down on icy roads. So I filled out my paperwork and loaded the vehicle w/ one more dog and headed home.

Introducing Roadie. He is a 2, almost 3 yr old Livernose male Ridgie. He is quite stunning I must say and that has been confirmed by everyone who meets him :))

We are starting obedience classes in a week or two- trying for his Canine Good Citizen certification.

So far he is a true joy- he is a typical RR and we are learning what it's like to live w/ one. Already ate a whole loaf of wheatbread- he is an expert countersurfer.

More stories to come about him. We are headed to the dog park today and I'll be taking the camera.

Thanks RRUS for bringing Roadie into our lives. He would thank you too but right now is curled up on the couch asleep and snoring w/ the rest of the crew!!!

Amanda

1 Comments:

At 2/24/2007 12:37 PM, Blogger Patti A. said...

WHAA WOOO! Yeah for you, yeah for Roadie, yeah for Bacari and Nina Beans too! We're so happy and excited for all of you. Get used to those missing loaves of bread:)
Patti

 

Post a Comment

<< Home